Rugby warrants all of its products for a period of 36 months from date of purchase by the customer or 42 months from date of delivery to a Rugby distributor, whichever elapses first. This warranty is non-transferable and warrants our products to be free from defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and service.
Also, Rugby offers a 36 month warranty replacement on all defective electric and hydraulic pumps, valves, and cables from date of invoice from Rugby. Hoses, lights, tires, axles, and other purchased parts are covered by the warranties of their respective manufacturers.
This warranty is expressly limited to the replacement or repair at such a place as Rugby may designate. Such parts of such products that have been defective in material or workmanship shall be returned with transportation charges prepaid. In lieu of such a repair or replacement, Rugby may elect to issue a credit or replacement for such products or parts. Rugby will issue an authorization form to return defective products or parts to such a place as designated by it. No defective products or parts will be accepted without an accompanying authorization form. Rugby will exercise their right to deny a warranty if these procedures are not strictly adhered to.
This warranty does not apply to any unit of Rugby product which shall have been repaired or altered outside of Rugby so as to affect its stability, or which has been subject to misuse, negligence, lack of lubrication, or accident, or which shall have been installed or operated other than in accordance with the printed instructions of Rugby.
This warranty does not obligate Rugby to bear the cost of labor in replacing defective parts (without approval by Rugby) or assume liability for secondary charges (travel expenses, downtime, or loss of use) or any consequential losses or damages.
- Rugby warrants powder coated and/or factory painted finishes for a period of 12 months from date of delivery to a Rugby distributor.
- Rugby warrants primer for a period of 6 months from date of delivery to a Rugby distributor.
- The body must be properly cleaned & prepared before final primer and paint application. Contact your paint supplier for detailed procedures.
- Specific Paint/Primer Exclusions:
- Paint or any other finish applied or paint preparation done by the customer or distributor.
- Deterioration of paint and appearance associated with normal wear and use.
- Rock chips and road debris.
- Surface rust on small areas.
- Understructure and/or inside of dump bodies.
- Paint deterioration caused by chemical reactions including, but not limited to, acid rain, industrial fallout, harsh road salt, and/or chemicals.
- Products which have been used to carry corrosive materials.
Rugby reserves the right to make improvements to any model or product without notice.